Sunday 12 October 2014

30 Selfies in 30 Days Instagram Challenge: Complete!

@Pink_Intrigue 


Hey beautiful people!  I have just completed my 30 selfies in 30 days challenge over on my personal Instagram page. The purpose of the challenge was to improve my confidence and to encourage people to love themselves more. Social media has a way of making you feel like crap, especially if you have low self esteem. With all these airbrushed pictures of celebs, and airbrushed pictures of wannabe celebs. It can make you want to bury your head in a very thick duvet and cry for days.

My confidence dropped dramatically after I had my son. I still haven't fully lost my baby weight and at one point I was struggling with my self confidence. Recently my self esteem has shot up, but I really wanted to do something to encourage people, especially women to look at themselves in the mirror and love themselves. I am not  just talking about loving the exterior, I am also talking about loving yourself from the inside.



On day 1 of the challenge, I actually felt like crap. I was pretty tired, pretty run down and I was kind of fed up to be honest. Although my confidence levels were higher than they were when my son was younger. I still did not feel my best, by the end of the 7th day on the challenge I felt great. There were some days when I really didn't feel like taking a selfie. I really just wanted to cover my face with a cloth and then take the selfie. On days like this, I actually just made a piece of photo art. I am  really glad I did the challenge, and I am looking forward to doing more 30 day challenges.


In fact I just started a brand new 30 day challenge on my Laptops and Coffee Cups Instagram page.  (poetry instagram. Also take a look at the site if you are interested in poetry. >>>Laptops and Coffee Cups. 

Join me on my personal Instagram page too for fashion, food, interior design, art, music and more. I just post whatever intrigues me on there, as well as the odd selfie here and there. If you like this blog, then you will probably like my Instagram page because I post pretty the same kind of things on there.



No comments:

Post a Comment