Thursday 30 October 2014

Pink Intrigue Loves: Willow Smith




Willow Smith 


Oh my my my! Willow Smith is giving me life right now. At the tender age of just 14 she is dropping some gems. I have heard a lot of people dissing her like she is grown. Remember she is still a baby! She  is riding on the neo soul, alternative R&B trippy wave right now. I adore this style of music, it sends to me another planet.

I watched her performance with her brother Jaden the other day. They performed a tune called '5' I scrolled through the comments and there was a lot of negative feedback. This didn't affect my opinion. Her style is interesting, she may have some developing to do in terms of vocals. But so what, she is still really young. 

I also caught her glimpse of her performance with SZA. At one point I was kind of obsessed with SZA. But I digress, let's get back to the star of the show. Willow, she reminds me of the 1960's. Even though I wasn't alive in that era. She has something authentic about her. Like she just allows her creative juices to flow with no inhibition. I really hope that she maintains that authenticity. Some have it and they lose it as they become tainted by reality. Tainted by endless criticism and the need to fit into some kind of society constructed box. 

I'm excited, very excited about the musical progression and evolution of Willow Smith. Check out the performances below. As well a really dope freestyle called 'Female Energy' 










                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment