Tuesday 27 October 2015

Day 29: Mixed Media Art Challenge +Michael Jackson Quote

I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved. I become thevictor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave. I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known. I keep on dancing then it is the eternal 
dance or creation. The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy. I keep on dancing...and dancing...and dancing. Until there is only...the dance.” 
― Michael Jackson

The above is one of my favourite poems/quotes from the beautifully crafted art and poetry book, Dancing The Dream by Michael Jackson.
The words resonate with me because although I am not a dancer, I relate to it because I feel exactly the same way when I am writing poetry. I feel exactly the same way when I am creating a visual. I almost blackout and I become one with the piece, one with the whole notion of creativity. I forget about reality, I step into the visual piece, I step into the written piece. I nestle into the pen and ink on the page, I bask in the glory of the colours. All I can think about it creating.

Today is day 29, the penultimate day of the 30 day mixed media art challenge. I feel so humbled and blessed to be able to create for a living. Living life to the fullest to me is, waking up every day to do exactly what you want to do. To simply exist is not living, live your passion.

Grab a copy of the book Dancing the Dream below. If you are a Michael Jackson fan, you will love it. If you love poetry, you will be intrigued by it.

I created todays piece using a acrylic and water colour paint on watercolour paper. I then photographed it using my Panasonic Lumix camera. I edited it using photoshop. Enjoy!


I become the lover and the beloved. 





                                                               


                                                        Tweet us! We tweet daily !

No comments:

Post a Comment