Wednesday 28 October 2015

Day 30: Mixed Media Art Challenge + Inspirational Art Quote- WE DID IT!!!!


perfect passion 

“I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me.
Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.” 
― Anaïs Nin


The above quote was written by French Cuban author Angela Anaïs Juana Antolina Rosa Edelmira Nin y Culmell. She talks about escaping from reality and immersing herself in creativity and splendour. For me art is a form of splendid expression, when I create I bathe in the colours, I drown in the words, I bask in the glory of creation. Art is escapism, art is "returnism". Allowing yourself the opportunity to be absorbed into an abstract activity. Becoming one with your creation, living your own dream. 

Today is day 30 of our mixed media art challenge, we did it! That doesn't mean that we stop creating and step back and admire the tones. We step back and begin another challenge, the pieces we have created are not just mere representations of our past creations. They are solidified in time, they are frozen in space, in cyber space. They are reality and fantasy combined, little fragments of our human condition. They are you, they are me, they belong to the universe. Us. 

Captivated by Creativity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment